Friday, April 3, 2009

My new position

For the past years I have had the opportunity to go from working as a Ph.D. candidate to become an editor and later start my own firm - and venture into research related consulting jobs while at the same time be able to write for several daily newspapers and magazines as a freelance journalist. Although I have highly enjoyed my time with my own business and many of my wonderful clients, there are some opportunities that are simply too good to pass up. So when I was offered the Communications Manager position at JTI Sweden I was more than eager to accept.

JTI is in an impressive period of growth, due to a number of mergers and acquisitions on the European market. I see it as a great privilege to be able to be a part of this process, and assist JTI in developing internal as well as external communication plans, in a world where readily available information is of paramount importance.